Special Educational Needs & Disabilities (SEND)
At Waterside Primary Academy we recognise that every child has their own needs and abilities. We embrace our responsibility to help each and every child fulfil their potential, including those with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND).
All students at Waterside Primary Academy are entitled to support for their learning needs in order to enable them to develop skills, knowledge and understanding to their full potential and maximum personal benefit.
Our vision is clear - we will provide a high-quality education for all and therefore, meeting the needs of all students is essential to the aims and principles of the school.
Our commitment is to:
- Identify the needs of pupils with SEND as early as possible
- Carefully monitor the progress of all children in order to identify possible SEN needs
- Intervene when progress is less than expected, to ensure that all pupils achieve their full potential
- Provide a qualified Special Educational Needs and Disabilities Coordinator (SENDCO)
- Provide relevant training for all staff through CPD and external courses relevant to the needs of the pupils they work with
- Work with and maintain relationships with external agencies when the child's needs cannot be met by school alone
- Communicate and work with parents to gain a better understanding of their child
- Provide equality of educational opportunity
- Make appropriate provision to overcome all barriers to learning and ensure that children with SEND have full access to the curriculum
- Help children develop their personalities, skills and abilities
- Operate a “whole child, whole school” approach to the management and provision of support for special educational needs. All teachers are required to respond to a child’s learning needs and set suitable learning challenges. This will incorporate ‘quality first’ teaching.
For full details of our provision for pupils with special educational needs, please see our SEN policy below.
You can contact our Inclusion Manager Mrs Alice Krabbe by emailing email@example.com
The SEND Local Offer has two key purposes:
- To provide clear, detailed, and accessible information about services and support available.
- To ensure that young people with SEND and their parents and carers are listened to when local services are developed and reviewed.
Details of the Buckinghamshire Local Offer can be found at https://www.buckscc.gov.uk/services/care-for-children-and-families/local-offer-for-send/
Details of useful support services and agencies are also listed below:
Buckinghamshire SEND IAS
This service provides Information, Advice and Support (IAS).
They help with issues relating to SEND. The service can also help with the Education Health and Care Plan (EHCP) and the EHCP needs assessment.
Telephone: 01296 383 754
Buckinghamshire SEN Team
The SEN Team support children and young people with SEND who already have a Statement, EHC Plan, or those referred for an EHC Needs Assessment.
Telephone: 01296 382 269
Online: Contact form
Buckinghamshire Family Information Service
If you can't find what you're looking for on the Buckinghamshire County Council website or simply want to chat.
Telephone: 01296 383 065
SEND Annual Report
Please find out most recent SEND annual report below:
Please find out most recent SEND Policy below: