SATs Information 2023
When Are The 2023 KS1 SATs Dates And What Do You Need To Know?
All Year 2 children in England take KS1 SATs in May.
At the end of Year 2, children take SATs in:
- English grammar, punctuation and spelling
When Are The 2023 KS2 SATs Dates And What Do You Need To Know?
The 2023 KS2 SATs will take place between Monday 8th May and Thursday 11th May 2023.
At the end of Year 6, children in England sit tests in:
- Grammar, punctuation and spelling (GPS)
KS2 SATs Dates 2023 – Testing Period
|Monday 8th May 2023||Grammar, Punctuation & Spelling|
|Tuesday 9th May 2023||English reading|
|Wednesday 10th May 2023||Mathematics papers 1 and 2|
|Thursday 11th May 2023||Mathematics paper 3|
What Will Be In The SATs Papers 2023?
Here is a brief rundown of what you can expect to find in the 2023 SATs papers:
What’s In The KS2 SATs Papers?
The KS2 Reading SATs:
- This is one paper, with questions that are based on 3 different passages of text. Pupils will have 1 hour to complete the paper.
The KS2 Maths SATs:
- There will be 3 papers.
- Paper 1 is an arithmetic paper which will last for 30 minutes.
- Papers 2 and 3 are reasoning papers which will last for 40 minutes each.
Year 1 Phonics Screening
We will administer the phonics screening check in June 2023.