PE and Sports Premium
What is the PE and Sports Premium?
Since 2013 all maintained schools and academies have received an annual grant called the PE and Sports Premium.
Schools must use the funding to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of physical education (PE), physical activity and sport they offer.
This means schools should use the premium to:
- develop or add to the PE, physical activity and sport activities the school already offers
- build capacity and capability within the school to ensure that improvements made now will benefit pupils joining the school in future years
Schools can use the premium to secure improvements in the following indicators:
- the engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – the Chief Medical Officer guidelines recommend that all children and young people aged 5 to 18 engage in at least 60 minutes of physical activity a day, of which 30 minutes should be in school
- the profile of PE and sport is raised across the school as a tool for whole-school improvement
- increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- increased participation in competitive sports
How is the funding calculated?
Schools receive PE and sport premium funding based on the number of pupils in years 1 to 6.
We receive £16,000 as a lump sum plus an additional £10 per pupil on roll.
How we use this funding
Please see our PE & Sports Premium funding statements below to see how we have used, and plan to use, this funding.