Local Governing Body (LGB)
Waterside Primary Academy is an academy within Red Kite Schools Trust. Each school in the Trust has a Local Governing Body (LGB) whose powers are defined by Red Kite Schools Trust in a Scheme of Delegation.
Role of Governing Body
As the governing body we are responsible for:
• ensuring clarity of vision, ethos, and strategic direction for the school,
• holding the School Leadership to account for the educational performance of the school, and
• overseeing the financial performance of the school, ensuring money is well spent.
We have a diverse team, with every governor bringing different work/life experiences and personal qualities to support the work of the school leaders. Each governor focuses on specific elements of the school’s development plan as outlined in the table titled ‘Our Governors’. For example, we ensure the school is meeting its obligations on matters such as Pupil Premium funding, Safeguarding, Special Educational Needs, Finance, People Development and Health and Safety.
We also review education provision across the Curriculum with specific focus on Early Years Provision, PHSE, literacy and maths. We meet regularly with the lead teacher responsible for our focus area, and through friendly challenge, satisfy ourselves that there is good progress being made in achieving our short- and long- term vision and goals for Waterside Primary Academy.
Furthermore, we come together as full Governing Body 6 times a year, to review the Development Plan, progress reports, action plans and school data; to approve key policies; to discuss and provide input on important developments and through this, to support the Waterside Academy Leadership Team, staff, and pupils.
The LGB at Waterside Primary Academy is made up of:
- 2 elected parent governors,
- Elected by parents. Only people with children at Waterside can put themselves forward for election.
- 1 staff governor,
- Appointed by the Governing Body, following an election amongst staff
- up to 8 governors appointed by Red Kite Schools Trust
- Appointed by Red kite Schools Trust,in conjunction with the Headteacher and Chair of Governors
- the Headteacher.
- The Headteacher is automatically a permanent member of the Governing Body when they take up their post.
Below you can see a list of our current Governors, their Governor type, roles within the Governing Body and their terms of office.
Governor Type and Role
|Mrs Jo Pearce||RKST Governor- Chair of LGB||EYFS & Health & Safety||17/11/2019||16/11/2023|
|Mrs Gwyneth Langley||RKST Governor- Vice-Chair of LGB||Safeguarding, PSHE & Development||01/09/2018||31/08/2022|
|Dr. Ann Godsell||RKST Governor||Equalities||28/03/2019||27/03/2023|
|Ms. Pamela Duncan||RKST Governor||Curriculum & English||28/03/2019||27/03/2023|
|Mrs Kate Miller||RKST Governor||SEND & Pupil Premium||28/03/2019||27/03/2023|
|Mr Andrew Rasmussen||RKST Governor||Finance & Maths||06/07/2016||05/07/2020|
|Mr Joseph Callender||Parent Governor||01/07/2021||01/07/2025|
|Mrs Kelly Morris||Parent Governor||04/12/2019||03/12/2023|
|Mrs Kirsty Robinson||Staff Governor||05/10/2018||04/10/2022|
|Mr Daniel Atherton||Headteacher||n/a||n/a|
2020/21 - Meeting Attendance Record
Declarations of interest
2020/21 - Declarations of Interest