Local Governing Body
Waterside Primary Academy is an academy within Red Kite Schools Trust. Each school in the Trust has a Local Governing Body (LGB) whose powers are defined by Red Kite Schools Trust in a Scheme of Delegation.
The LGB at Waterside Primary Academy is made up of:
- 2 elected parent governors,
- Elected by parents. Only people with children at Waterside can put themselves forward for election.
- 1 staff governor,
- Appointed by the Governing Body, following an election amongst staff
- up to 8 governors appointed by Red Kite Schools Trust
- Appointed by Red kite Schools Trust,in conjunction with the Headteacher and Chair of Governors
- the Headteacher.
- The Headteacher is automatically a permanent member of the Governing Body when they take up their post.
Below you can see a list of our current Governors, their Governor type, roles within the Governing Body and their terms of office.
Governor Type and Role
|Mrs Jo Pearce||RKST Governor- Chair of LGB||17/11/2019||16/11/2023|
|Mrs Gwyneth Langley||RKST Governor- Vice-Chair of LGB||01/09/2018||31/08/2022|
|Dr. Ann Godsell||RKST Governor||28/03/2019||27/03/2023|
|Ms. Pamela Duncan||RKST Governor||28/03/2019||27/03/2023|
|Mrs Kate Miller||RKST Governor||28/03/2019||27/03/2023|
|Mrs Catherine Murphy||RKST Governor||28/03/2019||27/03/2023|
|Mr Andrew Rasmussen||RKST Governor||06/07/2016||05/07/2020|
|Mr Adam Bailey||Parent Governor||01/11/2018||31/10/2022|
|Mrs Kelly Morris||Parent Governor||04/12/2019||03/12/2023|
|Mrs Kirsty Robinson||Staff Governor||05/10/2018||04/10/2022|
|Mr Daniel Atherton||Headteacher||n/a||n/a|
2017/18 - Please click here to view
2018/19 - Please see document below.
Declarations of interest
2018/19 - Please click here to view
2019/20 - Please see document below.