Local Advisory Committee (LAC)
Waterside Primary Academy is an academy within King's Education Trust (KET). Each school in the Trust has a Local Advisory Committee (LAC) whose powers are defined by King's Education Trust in a Scheme of Delegation.
Role of Governing Body
As the governing body we are responsible for:
• ensuring clarity of vision, ethos, and strategic direction for the school,
• holding the School Leadership to account for the educational performance of the school, and
• overseeing the financial performance of the school, ensuring money is well spent.
We have a diverse team, with every governor bringing different work/life experiences and personal qualities to support the work of the school leaders. Each committee member focuses on specific elements of the school’s development plan as outlined in the table titled ‘Our Committee Members’. For example, we ensure the school is meeting its obligations on matters such as Pupil Premium funding, Safeguarding, Special Educational Needs, Finance, People Development and Health and Safety.
We also review education provision across the Curriculum with specific focus on Early Years Provision, PHSE, English and maths. We meet regularly with the lead teacher responsible for our focus area, and through friendly challenge, satisfy ourselves that there is good progress being made in achieving our short- and long- term vision and goals for Waterside Primary Academy.
Furthermore, we come together as full Governing Body 6 times a year, to review the Development Plan, progress reports, action plans and school data; to approve key policies; to discuss and provide input on important developments and through this, to support the Waterside Academy Leadership Team, staff, and pupils.
The LAC at Waterside Primary Academy is made up of:
- 2 elected parent committee members,
- Elected by parents. Only people with children at Waterside can put themselves forward for election.
- 1 staff committee member,
- Appointed by the LAC, following an election amongst staff
- up to 8 committee members appointed by KET.
- Appointed by KET, in conjunction with the Headteacher and Chair of the Local Advisory Committee
- the Headteacher.
- The Headteacher is automatically a permanent member of the LAC when they take up their post.
Below you can see a list of our current committee members, their member type, roles within the LAC and their terms of office.
LAC Member Type and Role
|Mrs Jo Pearce||Trust Member- Chair of LAC||EYFS & Health & Safety||17/11/2019||16/11/2023|
|Mrs Gwyneth Langley||Trust Member- Vice-Chair of LAC||Safeguarding, PSHE & Development||01/09/2018||31/08/2022|
|Dr. Ann Godsell||Trust Member||Equalities||28/03/2019||27/03/2023|
|Ms. Pamela Duncan||Trust Member||Curriculum & English||28/03/2019||27/03/2023|
|Mrs Kate Miller||Trust Member||SEND & Pupil Premium||28/03/2019||27/03/2023|
|Mr Andrew Rasmussen||Trust Member||Finance & Maths||06/07/2016||05/07/2020|
|Mr Joseph Callender||Parent Member||Wellbeing||01/07/2021||01/07/2025|
|Mr Paul Ewings||Parent Member||01/03/2022||01/03/2026|
|Mrs Kirsty Robinson||Staff Member||05/10/2018||04/10/2022|
|Mr Daniel Atherton||Headteacher||n/a||n/a|
2020/21 - Meeting Attendance Record
Declarations of interest
2020/21 - Declarations of Interest