We will constantly update information on this page to keep you up to date with the key information as it is released.
Friday 13th March 2020 - Update
Please click on link below to read this letter.
Managing & Preventing Outbreaks Policy
Please note, from Tuesday 17th March, we are currently operating on stage 3 of this policy.
Tuesday 17th March 2020 - Update
Please click on link below to read this letter which outlines new procedures based on Government & Public Health England advice.
Wednesday 18th March 2020 - Update
New update below based on press conference at 5pm today:
Thursday 19th March 2020 - Updates
If you believe that you are a key worker, please complete the form below:
Following a lack of information, please find a letter below explaining current situation. This includes picking up work packs.
Friday 20th March 2020 - Updates
Government guidance on 'Key Workers'
Future Provision (commencing Monday 23rd March 2020)
The key principles behind the provision are:
- If it is at all possible for children to be at home, then they should be.
- If a child needs specialist support, is vulnerable or has a parent who is a critical worker, then educational provision will be available for them.
- Parents should not rely for childcare upon those who are advised to be in the stringent social distancing category such as grandparents, friends, or family members with underlying conditions.
- Parents should also do everything they can to ensure children are not mixing socially in a way which can continue to spread the virus. They should observe the same social distancing principles as adults.
- Residential special schools, boarding schools and special settings continue to care for children wherever possible.
As a school we wish to support families at this difficult time, while ensuring that we support the social distancing measures that the government have put in place to help manage the coronavirus pandemic. I would ask parents to please reflect carefully on this guidance and complete the 'Key Workers Survey' if a childcare place is now needed for your child.
Further Information for Parents
FINAL INFORMATION FOR SCHOOL CLOSURE
Please contact the office if you have any further questions which have not been answered here.
Key Information & Links
Coronavirus (COVID-19) is a new illness that can affect your lungs and airways. It’s caused by a virus called coronavirus.
We have collated key links below for advice which is constantly updated. This should provide all the information you require to decide on the appropriate response should you have concerns about you and your family.
NHS Guidance - https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
World Health Organisation - https://www.who.int/health-topics/coronavirus
UK Government Response - https://www.gov.uk/government/topical-events/coronavirus-covid-19-uk-government-response
If you are concerned that you may have Coronavirus, please follow the link below to instruct you on your next steps:
It is vital that you inform us if you suspect that you or anyone you have come into contact with has Coronavirus. Please call the school office on 01494 786608 or email email@example.com
We will regularly phone those who are self isolating to ensure that everyone is safe and to offer assistance where possible.
This information is vital to enable us to make the right decisions at the right time and update all members of our school community.